Jon Gelman’s* newly revised and updated treatise on Workers’ Compensation Law has been published by West Group of Egan, MN. The treatise is the most complete and research integrated work available on NJ Workers’ Compensation law. It is fully integrated with WestLaw.
The work offers an in-depth and insightful analysis that provides a quick and accurate guidance to those who practice workplace injury law. Time-saving comments and instructions shorten the claims process and expedite handling of issues.
New areas of the law reviewed:
· A newly revised and expanded section on conflict of laws that analyses recent case law developments concerning the choice of law and jurisdictional issues.
· An in-depth review of critical intraterritorial and extraterritorial jurisdictional issues.
· A significant increase in the amount counsel fees that may be award petitioner’s counsel in a dependency claim.
· Supplemental benefits for dependents of public safety officers.
· Presumptions of casual relationship of certain occupational illness are diseases.
· The expanded statute of limitations concerning medical provider claims.
· The maximum benefit rate for temporary disability volunteer firefighters.
· Legislative modifications to the Federal Victims Compensation Fund.
· Medical treatment as an accommodation issue under the Law Against Discrimination.
· New case law, statutes and regulations about the compensability of work-related accidents and injuries.
Gelman on Workers’Compensation Law is exclusively integrated into the entire world-wide leading legal research network of West Group-Reuters-Thomson publications.
Gelman on Workers' Compensation Law is Now Available on PROVIEW™ as an e-BOOK Edition. Now you have Workers' Compensation Law, 2rd Ed (Vol.38-39A, NJ Practice Series, available conveniently on your mobile device.
It is now available, in print, on CD-Rom and online via Westlaw™ and WestlawNext™. [Westlaw Database Identifier NJPRAC]
Click here now to order your copy.
*Jon L. Gelman is nationally recognized as an author, lecturer and skilled trial attorney in workers’ compensation law and occupational/environmental disease litigation. Over a career spanning over four decades he has been involved in complex litigation involving thousands of clients challenging the mega-industries of: asbestos, tobacco and lead paint. Gelman is the author NJ Workers’ Compensation Law (West-Thompson) and co-author of the national treatise, Modern Workers’ Compensation Law (West-Thompson). He is the former Vice-President of The Workers Injury Law & Advocacy Group (WILG), a charter member of The College of Workers' Compensation Lawyers and a former member of the National Academy of Social Insurance (NASI). email@example.com -www.gelmans.com
Blog: Workers ' Compensation
LinkedIn Group: Injured Workers Law & Advocacy Group
Author: "Workers' Compensation Law" West-Thomson-Reuters