Fed Victims Compensation Fund Held "lawful & fair"
Analysis & full decision
NY: Board fully resolves 93 percent of claims within 18 months of the date in which a claim.
(Ed note: Smoke & mirrors? Where have all the cases gone?)
NE: Buying a soda on a break held compensable
Misek v. CNG Financial --- N.W.2d ----, 265 Neb. 837 (NE 2002)
Asbestos Verdict in California Case Worries Insurers A jury verdict in California may lead to a wave of new asbestos litigation that would greatly increase costs for insurance companies,industry experts and plaintiffs' lawyers said yesterday.
**NJ-ICLE & WILG-NJ Lindquist Seminar Sat 6.14.03 9a-1p
HANDLING A WORKERS’ COMPENSATION CASE AFTER LINDQUIST
Radisson Suites, Fairfield
With the recent Lindquist and Culbert decisions, the New Jersey Supreme Court has completely rewritten the book on how to handle a workers’ compensation case.
At this new seminar, a distinguished panel of attorneys who participated in these landmark decisions will be joined by other experts in the field to provide an in depth analysis of the new Lindquist Doctrine. You’ll gain a thorough understanding of how you must now prepare and try a workers’ compensation case.
SEVEN CRITICAL REASONS WHY EVERY WORKERS’ COMPENSATION ATTORNEY SHOULD ATTEND THIS PROGRAM…
1.You’ll learn how the opinion authored by Justice Coleman, a former Workers’ Compensation Judge, has dramatically altered the recipe to prove both legal and medical causation in employment related occupational exposure claims.
2. You’ll find out about the new standard for the admissibility of scientific evidence, as well as the use of medical treatises and studies in a workers’ compensation case.
3. You’ll gain knowledge of the judicial expansion of the “firefighter’s presumption” in occupational pulmonary cases, and its application in other benefit programs.
4. You’ll hear what workers’ compensation experts have to say about the Court’s new standard on how the smoking defense may be utilized at trial, and how a respondent can establish a credit for prior disability from cigarette smoking.
5. You’ll learn the limitations imposed by the Fiore case.
6. You’ll explore the Union’s position on job safety, and its legislative initiatives to further protect first responders.
7. You’ll enhance your ability to prove a workers’ compensation case, applying the Supreme Court’s new “social compromise theory.”